Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Larger colour pen sets?

Paopao
Booster
Still me, I am back to ask if it's possible to get a pen colour set like the ones in Photoshop or with a wider variety of colours to install in archicad. If anyone has a link, I'd love to be able to use a full colours pen set in my drawing.

Thanks
PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
9 REPLIES 9
what? 256 pens in not enough?
can you show picture of what you want?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why?

like this ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Paopao
Booster
Steve wrote:

like this ?
more laike this...is it unrealistic? and this is only part of the palette...
Screen shot 2011-02-13 at 2.50.17 PM.png
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can add different custom lineweights and colors to your selection under Options - Element Attributes - Pens & Colors.
The way you do that is to determine the RBG values and edit your ArchiCAD pens to match ..Options-Edit Atributes-Pens &Colors- select the pen set you want to edit, choose a pen you want to edit, then click on the Edit color tab. This will open the menu where you can make any color you like. Repeat for each pen.

What are you planning to do with all those pens?

Perhaps what you really want is to have more material colors. ?
That's probably a better way to get what you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
what? 256 pens in not enough?...

Matthew wrote:
Why?

It could be quite useful to be able to select any RGB colour for fills and other 2d objects. If you are creating a colour landscaping diagram that was mainly 2d, for example, it would give much richer and more interesting presentation possibilities if you could adjust individual colours per object to anything in the spectrum.

Why would you want to be limited to only 256 pre-chosen colours on occasions like this? And could you predict exactly what colours you would need beforehand, in addition to your standard colours and pen thicknesses. Of course you would lose the ability to change these colours automatically by assigning a different pen set to that view, but I wouldn't be against those specific colours staying the same regardless of the output settings.

It's also worth noting that if you change a colour shaded elevation to 'drawing' mode, the background of the fills created are not one of the standard 256 colours, and the pen icon in the info box changes to a RGB 'circle' icon. So ArchiCAD has the ability to display non-pen-set RGB colours already - it's just not readily adjustable.

And on another pen set related point, why is it so long-winded to modify a pen set currently? Change pen > Store as > Overwrite following penset > Select penset > Store > Are you sure? > Yes!! . Why so complicated? Big SAVE and SAVE AS buttons in the first dialog would work for me. If you are repeatedly tweaking individual pens, this can drive you to distraction!
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Peter wrote:
And on another pen set related point, why is it so long-winded to modify a pen set currently? Change pen > Store as > Overwrite following penset > Select penset > Store > Are you sure? > Yes!! . Why so complicated? Big SAVE and SAVE AS buttons in the first dialog would work for me. If you are repeatedly tweaking individual pens, this can drive you to distraction!
Peter:

You might want to try the Attribute Manager for this sort of editing, I think you will be jumping through fewer hoops. I use the Attribute Manager when editing a bunch of material names rather than the Material Settings dialog box, it is quicker.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
You might want to try the Attribute Manager for this sort of editing, I think you will be jumping through fewer hoops.
That's a great idea, David! I never thought of doing that!

Thanks for the tip.