Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Long regeneration for sections

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Have s/e window opened. All of a sudden, it's taking long regenerations.....says 48 minutes.....something has gone wacky.....

I have started tiling open windows, so the plan, elevation, section, etc are always open, just stacked one behind the other on the screen. Could this have anything to do with it.

The SE is set to manual rebuild, as are most of the SE windows on the screen. Do they all rebuild when you tell one to rebuild?

Any idea why the big slowup all of a sudden?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
Tom wrote:
The SE is set to manual rebuild, as are most of the SE windows on the screen. Do they all rebuild when you tell one to rebuild?
there is an option to turn off continuous auto-rebuilding. might not be your problem though.

maybe you've got vectorial hatching and sun shading turned on in one of the sect/elevs and not the others?

~/archiben
miscPrefs.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Can you tell me what exactly that selection does. Is it a duplicate button for manual rebuild vs autorebuild for SE windows? I read the article in the help menu but I'm still not sure what I'm reading.

If the button is on, does that mean all the SE windows are constantly rebuilding even though they are manual rebuild? Or does that button refer to the link between SE windows and floor plan? I'm confused.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
TomWaltz
Participant
That means that if you're working on the model in a section view, you do not get the weird non-rebuilt lines. For example, if you move a window in section, the window moves and the former hole fills in instead of you having to rebuild to see that happen.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Can you tell me what exactly that selection does.
That preference sets causes the auto-rebuild sections (only) to be rebuilt in the background (presumably during idle time/spare clock cycles) rather than waiting until the section window is opened.
TomWaltz
Participant
Matthew wrote:
Tom wrote:
Can you tell me what exactly that selection does.
That preference sets causes the auto-rebuild sections (only) to be rebuilt in the background (presumably during idle time/spare clock cycles) rather than waiting until the section window is opened.
UH, not really.... that's why I thought too until I experimented with it a bit. It has no bearing on any windows except the section/elevation view you are currently working in.
Tom Waltz