Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making geometry follow a trajectory

Anonymous
Not applicable
First post, I would like to apologize in advance in case I have went against the rules of making new posts or my English is not as understandable as it should be as it is not my native language.

The problem:

I am drafting some paths for a park, and I am trying to use slabs and make them follow a spline in order to create sloping roads for the pedestrians.

You can see the path trajectory and the square-shaped slabs below next to number 1.
On number 2 should be the final result for the 3D model.
And on number 3 is the only solution I have come up with so far, which is time consuming and to be honest - really stupid (making them one by one).

Its a big park, and there are many paths like this, so it is really annoying to try different solutions digitally.

Any suggestion to make this easier will mean a lot.

I am using Archicad 15.

I hope the picture will be visible.

Best regards,

S. Treijar

Archicadiprobleem.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Site and landscape work is difficult in ArchiCAD so some tedious work is to be expected. Splines are also rather tricky to work with.

One way to speed things up would be to approximate the splines with arcs (the magic wand can help with this) and distribute the pavers along these. This will take some care in the settings and will require manual adjustment at the junctions but will be quite a bit easier than fitting and trimming each one.
rocorona
Booster
I would suggest a 2 step manual approach.

1 - Create a new line-type, with a centerline and a square on it. Use this line type to draw the paths with the Spline tool, so you can have the right spacing and direction of each rectangle.

2 - Take the Slab tool, with the "rotated rectangle" geometry method, and manually trace over the lines.

If you need a precise and always fixed size for the path "squares" then save a single "sample" Slab as an Object, and use these objects instead of slabs (rotated object method, not rotated rectangle).

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
***double post - please delete***

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10