Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh has no "3D Representation" - SOLVED

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this sporadic problem with a mesh element that represents my terrain.

It is a SOE "Subtract Upwards Target" of 9 other objects that consist of slabs, ramps and roofs. 8 of these are in a hidden SOE layer.

When I try to view the mesh in 3D (most of the time) it does not show, even when it is the only object selected.

However, when I delete the SOE operation of a visible slab (not hidden like the other 8 SOE operators), then it shows up in 3D.

On reapplying the SOE operation again it loses the ability to be seen in 3D

Today, while converting into a morph (just for the heck of it) I found that when all 9 operators are applied then I get the error meesage that says that "Only elements with 3D representation can be converted into morphs. No morph created". When I remove the SOE operation of the slab, then it successfully converts into morphs and also shows up in 3D in its native mesh form.

I do need the SOE operation of this slab. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

S
3 REPLIES 3
rocorona
Booster
Did you try to delete the problematic slab and create it from scratch? Maybe is a corrupted element.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Community Admin
Or maybe the Mesh has good geometry when no SEO is performed and will have corrupted geometry with the SEO performed.
You could try a test: move all the SEO operator elements a little bit in some direction, probably a bit in both X and Y direction from where they are, and do see if the result of the SEO now is displayed in 3D. If yes, then there is something with the SEO result.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rocorona: yes did try that and did not work.

Laszlonagy: did that some time ago and the only thing that made a difference was when I moved the offending slab.

So I finally traced this to two things; both related to the geometry of the slab.

One was a octagonal hole that was setout to allow the elevator object to pass thru and the other was a very small V shape indentation on the outer boundary of the slab. Believe me when I say that I went thru all the outlines of the slab at a very high zoom along all edges.

Once I closed the octagonal hole and recreated it using another SOE operation rather than actual hole, and fixed the V shape indentation, everything is back to normal behavior.

Thanks for your input and time.

S