Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh shows wide vertical lines in elevation

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I have a mesh that is tilted and the upper surface shows in the AutoRebuild Model Elevation window, wide vertical lines which have nothing to do with the mesh shape show and print. They are wide enough to be distracting and I would like them to disappear. Any ideas on how to do this?
I am working in AC10. This did not happen in AC9
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Screenshots for us to see?

Any possibility that it is related to fills associated with applied materials?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
That seems to do the trick. I had tried changing the vectorial hatching but not the texture. It seems LS-Grass Green was the one causing the trouble. Thanks.
Karl Ottenstein
Gail wrote:
That seems to do the trick. I had tried changing the vectorial hatching but not the texture. It seems LS-Grass Green was the one causing the trouble. Thanks.
Glad that solved things for you, Gail. 😉

------

A general comment to any readers who are new to ArchiCAD is to note that Materials are not just for rendering, even though we usually think of them as being the 'home' of photographic texture maps and related settings. Materials also contain a Fill reference (to a fill defined under the Fills attribute settings)... which is used when 'vectorial hatching' is enabled for section/elevation ... and even in 3D line drawings (with the internal engine).

So, new users who may have no intention of generating renderings, will still want to look at Materials in terms of applying fills (hatches) to sections/elevations and 3D drawings.

Here is a tip related to using custom fills with materials associated with the siding of a home:
http://www.visualmotion.com/tip2006-04.htm
This is a very unique (atypical) and somewhat advanced application of custom fills, alignment, etc - but emphasizes this 'other' use of Materials.

(Has little to do with Gail's question...just a tangent here.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB