Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing AC 9 Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a AC10 teamwork project shared between myself (MAC OS 10) and a colleague (PC). Just recently my AC 9 doors disappeared, through other library parts from the AC 9 subset are working just fine. The doors, are of course, showing up on my colleague's computer. The error message said there were incompatible types in the expression of lines in the master file. Any ideas on how to fix this?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This message usually appears when, for example, ArchiCAD is expecting a string type of variable but the variable is a numeric one.
Open the Object for editing, and check the line the program says has the error.
You can also use the Debugger, you can specify variables, and the Debugger will show you the type and value of those variables. You can execute the script step by step and then you can see the values when the script gets in its execution to the line in question.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Tara's office too, and this one is really weird.

On Tara's Mac, I've now done the following all with the same behavior:

I've opened a new project from the AC 10 template, from GPA(that's us.) project Settings, and GPA Drafts.

I tried loading the AC9SE.lcf individually from both the server (PC) and the Mac's hard drive, AC 9 wd internal Doors deliver an error in expression from the master script of the door, line 15. The pull-down menus on the library parts are also not working. (if you look at line 15, there is no error in expression. Laszlo is right about the expression going from string to number. If it were my part, I'd joyfully de-bug it.)

The doors were working fine a few days ago, so I am wondering if there are any MAC users out there who accidently changed some setting that produced this similar behavior.

What I find really strange, is that it is only a few of the doors that re not working. I'm sure other parts make the string to number conversion so why are only the doors affected.

We tried restarting a couple times, which did nothing.

Any last suggestions before we uninstall and reinstall AC10? (which I've already been told by a true wizard will most likely do nothing to fix our problem)

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
After battling with the 9 subset with no success, I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Archicad. My doors are back!!