Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Model View Option - Cover Fill Background Pen

Scott Bulmer
Booster
Shown in the attached image is a side by side comparison of a view set drawing in model view and in layout view. The desired result is to have the background fills pen show for slab cover fills, and not the fill pattern. This is a choice in the Model View Options, with the desired result shown correctly in the model view.

The background fill pens are missing from the placed view set drawing in the layout view, even though the model view option settings are the same. The pensets (model & placed drawing) are the same, however in the drawing selection settings dialog box for the drawing placed in layout view, if 'show only pens used' is checked, then the pens used for background fill are not present.

I'm hoping it is something simple that I have missed. Thank you.

Cover fills.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
Shown in the attached image is a side by side ...

Maybe this will help U.
Check drawing settings in drawing manager. See attach.image
Can you help me with this: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4332

I can see that you work on dual monitors, so put the drawing manager toolbar on second monitpr & save Palette Schemes in Work Environment Options and you can allways manipulate with this toolbar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't clear from your post, but are you first saving a view that is tied to the model view option you created and then placing that view on the layout? This should be the procedure you follow if you are not already.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Mike wrote:
I wasn't clear from your post, but are you first saving a view that is tied to the model view option you created and then placing that view on the layout?
Mike, yes that is exactly the typical procedure which is followed. After defining a view set (settings), it is dragged onto an open layout sheet. It has always worked fine, except with this model view option combination and this fill. I will see if the behavior is different using other fills. Not the end of the world, just unexpected.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.