Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Module file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a 2d dwg which I want to create a module file from. I select everything and change layers to place everything in the ArchiCad layer, but only a few objects move to the ArchiCad layer.

This is working when Im doing it object by object but not in one single operation. Is there a better way to do it?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mallsten wrote:
I've got a 2d dwg which I want to create a module file from. I select everything and change layers to place everything in the ArchiCad layer, but only a few objects move to the ArchiCad layer.

This is working when Im doing it object by object but not in one single operation. Is there a better way to do it?
You can't move different objects (lines, circles ... ) to a layer at the same time with only use layer button. With layer button you only change layers of the objects that are the type you se in your setting dialog button.

But if you instead use "Layer - Edit selection set dialog", the button next to Layer, then you could do it, open this dialog and change the layer inside it.
TurboGlider wrote:
But if you instead use "Layer - Edit selection set dialog", the button next to Layer, then you could do it, open this dialog and change the layer inside it.
The "hammer in the square" button adjacent to the Layer button in the Info Box.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use Ctrl+T (or Cmd+T) to change layers it won't work ...but if you do Ctrl+Shift+T (or Cmd+Shift+T) it does work.