cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph Tool - lost ability to extrude?

rob2218
Enthusiast
so...a fellow co-worker supervisor who uses Archicad extensively has lost the ability to pull/stretch/push the 'morph object' he created.

What could be the cause of this?

it works on "some PLN files", it doesn't work on others.
What variant causes this to occur?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Has he accidentally activated the View\On-Screen View Options\Hidden Morph Geometry toggle?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I also found the below post which explain another cause.

So, basically, here is what can happen:
You are in the 3D Window Settings Dialog, switch to Internal Engine mode and change the Shaded Mode field to "Raster". Then you switch the 3D Engine field back to OpenGL.
The Shaded Mode field becomes greyed since it does not apply in case of OpenGL. However, it is still set to "Raster" and the result is that you cannot edit the Morph with the Pet Palette commands when you click a general face of the Morph. It still works if you click on Morph edges or nodes.
To bring back face editing commands, you have to switch to Internal Engine, set the Shaded Mode field back to "Analytic", then set the Engine back to OpenGL. Then suddenly you are able to edit Morph faces again:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40009&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10

I think this is a bug: ArchiCAD still takes into consideration the value of the Shading Mode field even when you use OpenGL. It should not, it should assume it is set to "Analytic".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
laszlonagy wrote:
I think this is a bug: ArchiCAD still takes into consideration the value of the Shading Mode field even when you use OpenGL. It should not, it should assume it is set to "Analytic".
I completely agree, documented the bug for the dev folks. Thanks all for bringing this up.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT