Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morphs and Extrude tool ('Tube')

alexliz
Advocate

I need to create a simple drainage elbow segment.

Was going to use the Morph tool and an extrusion along a 3D Polyline morph. 

In theory it should be easy but in practice I find it impossible.

I find that the extrusion happens unpredictably, using arbitrary starting points.

All videos I have watched as well as the online Help from GS, present this as a very straight-forward matter.

Two things are going wrong:

1. The reference point on the cross-section to be extruded 'shifts' from the centre to the perimeter. And...

2. The first curved segment along the extrusion path becomes a straight bit; only the 2nd curve extrudes along the curved path.

What could I be doing wrong?

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 16.35.33.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 16.34.45.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 16.35.01.png

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 16.35.09.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
12 REPLIES 12

@alexliz  schrieb:

@runxel : Thanks for the reply. It may have been the case back in v21 through to v25. However, in the current one, Archicad 27, the extrusion path doesn't have to be part of the extrusion profile. I now know this, after extensive trial-and-error since my OP above.

Interesting, I can't get it to work. There hasn't been any improvements in the Morph tool in the last versions that I know of, so I would be very much surprised if the behaviour has changed.

If you want to follow the curve (it only makes a difference when the Morphline is curved!) you need them to be boolean unioned. Then, and only then, does the Morph profile follow it automatically.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hi Mahmoud,

No, it's an extra entry that corresponds to the Apple menu which shows for every application at top-left of the screen, when the app is the active (ie the one at the foreground). See below. It's a Mac thing 😉

AC27 Profile - macOS Extra Menu.png

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 18.27.31.png

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

Thank you so much for this illustration, wish you the best @alexliz.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB