cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No Snap Points in Trace Reference in AC18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Some time ago I had written a post about inactive snap points of windows/doors when overlapping a window/door from ground floor with a window/door from 1st floor using the Trace reference.(there would be no snapping points to fix the exact position for the windows/doors in the Trace Reference)

As nobody answered, I continued looking for the solution (it took me long time and many experiments, really)..Here is a print screen of one experiment I've done and this what I have found and if I am wrong, please correct me.
In a new project I've drawn 2 walls, which have the hight on 2 levels from ground floor up to the roof.On the first wall I placed randomly some windows. I then switched to the 1st floor and drawn some randomly windows on the 2nd wall. Then I tried to line up windows from the two walls using trace reference. Ironically, when the walls are set to be visible on all the storeys the snapping points would stop working in TRACE REFERENCE and when it is set to be visible only to home storey, the snapping points work properly...I did the same experiment in AC17 and there it works properly..

Maybe it is not such an important issue you would say... but it is really, really annoying for those who work with walls which have the heights of many storeys.

Am I the only one to have discovered this BUG ?
Hope to get some improvements from Graphisoft..such a shame..
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

Getting back to the original subject, I have found that I cannot snap to window or door snap points in any trace reference in AC19. It worked for me in AC18. Is this a settings problem? For context I'm constructing simple interior elevations using a floor plan as a trace reference.

Any tips?