Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

OFFSET question

Paopao
Booster
Sometimes when I offset I get a strange result (as shown in the pic): AC decides I have to offset angularly around a centre when all I want to do is simply to offset vertically. What am I "clicking" wrong? And how do I get rid of this strange offset, because it repeats itself afterwards?

Thanks
PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you explain a little more?
Are those 2d lines, which line are you trying to offset, which way?
What is that green fill there? and how are you using the offset?
Anonymous
Not applicable
If this is the problem you are having, the one shown in the video
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDiIIfiaIi

Then this problem happen when you have two lines on top of the other. See how was working at the begening and when I add another line right on top it did not work correctly. To fix this either clean manually the lines you are trying to offset, or use the line consolidation tool to clean all lines in your view to avoid this problem again.
Paopao
Booster
It is a 2D drawing: polylines, and the green is a fill.

I would like to know why by offsetting the red line from A to B I sometimes get an effect similar to that in C rather than a parallel offset to like in B.

When this strange offset happens it is obviously doing an angular offset incrementing the angle but I don't quite get how it happens. I use Offset > PICK > MAGIC WAND
Paopao
Booster
arqrivas wrote:
If this is the problem you are having, the one shown in the video
http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDiIIfiaIi

Then this problem happen when you have two lines on top of the other. See how was working at the begening and when I add another line right on top it did not work correctly. To fix this either clean manually the lines you are trying to offset, or use the line consolidation tool to clean all lines in your view to avoid this problem again.

THANKS! It's exactly the problem I have!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haa, Good that helps. Your Welcome Bro!