Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

OUTLINE CUT IN 3D DOCUMENT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
when I use 3d document and try to use one fill type for all cut elements ,consequently , I choose (cut surface material or use surface defined in 3d )

in both options, the the option of (uniform pen for cut element )makes nothing
and nothing change if I change anything with it ?
any solution and is that for reason or just a bugs?
11 REPLIES 11
DGSketcher
Legend
I can see your logic but the cut shading is applied separately for the two different views. When you save a 3D View or create a 3D Document they are grouped separately in the project map and therefore have different view settings to suit their presentation style.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
HiDGSketcher, I understand your ppoint of view,but there is an option which does not work or makes any change (out line option in 3d document ) as I had mentioned befor.
and I figure out that it workes when I make 3d document form floor plan
DGSketcher
Legend
Sorry Alammouri I missed your original point. I thought you were referencing the cut fill colour.

There does appear to be a bug in the Document from 3D which is ignoring the Cut Elements > Uniform Pen for Cut Elements > Cut Line Pen
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's a bug and it seems it's old one,
I just wonder where can we write to Graphisoft to send this bugs?
Barry Kelly
Alammouri wrote:

Your local Archicad support people, the same people you send your licensing fees to every year.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Alammouri wrote:

Your local Archicad support people, the same people you send your licensing fees to every year.

Barry.
Fair enough ..just a try to help
Barry Kelly
Alammouri wrote:
Fair enough ..just a try to help

Well, the problem has been noted here.
Someone form GS may pick up on it as happens from time to time.
But I wouldn't guarantee it.
The best place to report any problems is with your local Archicad support centre.
If you are paying a yearly subscription this service is included so why not make use of it.
By reporting to GS support, they should provide a solution to the problem, and if they can't it should be escalated to GS headquarters as an official bug.

I say "should" as I am pretty sure this does not happen all of the time, but it "should".

A few days ago we had a Graphisoft developer at one of out user meetings.
She mentioned the best way to get problems solved, is to report through official support channels.
The more people that report the same problems, the more weight there will be to get it fixed.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well today!
I can confirm everything Barry has mentioned. We use a weighing system where the more reports come to us about a specific error, the higher priority this error will be assigned to it.

I can't urge you enough to actively report any issues you experience with ARCHICAD and/or any GRAPHISOFT product directly to your re-sellers.

I was notified about this post so luckily I will process this through the proper channels however, I am afraid a few posts here and there might slip by so whenever possible, please do reach out to the local support in your country. This way, nothing will slip out.

While we investigate the issue you described here, I kindly ask for your patience.
I will post back here our findings once we concluded this issue. Please note that I might reach out to you in a PM if further information will be needed.

Thank you once more for reporting this!

[Stay Active. Stay Awesome ]

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I would like to give a quick update on this matter.

After investigating this further, we confirmed it is indeed a bug, and have added it into our system.
Hopefully, the fix should be out soon.
(For reference, the Defect number is GISS-297)

I would just like to personally thank you all for your continuous participation on the forums, and a BIG THANKS for reporting this defect.
Together, we can keep ARCHICAD in top shape!

[Stay Active. Stay Awesome ]

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com