Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Odd screen behaviour

rjwilden
Booster
Has any one else encountered this problem.
When moving from 3D to floor plan the screen divides the plan into two parts one frozen the other you can pan and zoom as normal. I can get back to default by going to full screen, but it is annoying.
Hopefully the screen shot is attached

Richard

screen prob.jpg
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
13 REPLIES 13
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It looks like a driver issue.
What kind of Graphics card do you have and does it have the latest drivers?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
rjwilden
Booster
Using a radeon X700se.. No I haven't got the latest driver; The guy I deal with tells me that its not just a matter of going to graphic card properties and hitting upgrade. According to him it wont get the drivers That I need; is that right??
Computer salesmen fall into the category of used car sales and insurance. unfortunately I'm at there mercy; knowing no better.

Richard
Dunedin, New Zealand.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can get the latest drivers for your card here:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293
You want to get the Catalyst 6.7 drivers for XP, make sure you get the 'Display Driver Only' package at least.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
rjwilden
Booster
Thanks for that
I installed it and everything seems to be running a bit quicker. It will take some time to find out if it fixed the original problem.

Richard
Dunedin, New Zealand.
rjwilden
Booster
I spoke to soon. The origonal problem is back.

Richard
Dunedin, New Zealand.
rjwilden
Booster
A further additional problem after this error has occurred ; As you stretch the marquee tool it wont show the dashed line. It only appears after you mouse click the second time ???? hard to see where your placing the box.
The only way to rectify this is to resatrt Archicad.
Richard
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Anonymous
Not applicable
rjwilden wrote:
A further additional problem after this error has occurred ; As you stretch the marquee tool it wont show the dashed line. It only appears after you mouse click the second time ???? hard to see where your placing the box.
The only way to rectify this is to resatrt Archicad.
Richard
I saw a similar problem at a client's office recently, only it was the rubber band line while drawing that wasn't showing up. Updating the video drivers fixed it in their case. I don't recall what card they have.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a similar problem here, back in March. This happen while using AC9, I have not used AC10 that much yet to test the problem there.

Since March I have noticed that the problem only occurs then I have 2 Sessions of AC opened. One of the sessions inevitably starts "mis-behaving". That session can be closed, and the other session remains "un-harmed". Yet the only way to get a "clean" new Session is to close out all sessions of AC and restart, as has been stated previously.
rjwilden
Booster
Jay

Can you tell me if you use any Cadimage products. Im trying to nail down exactly whats on the screen when this happens; last one was cadimage roof tool. I removed it from the library and didn't have problems thereafter. I'm not placing the blame here just going to keep an eye on it.

Richard.
Dunedin, New Zealand.