Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Open GL question

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
I have had some problems with very distorted 2d drawings; the circles being segmented, diagonal lines that look like a set of stairs, other lines not going where they were when I closed the program. This will usually happen when I open AC9 at various times.

After changing settings on the display for half the day, thinking it was a video card problem, by chance I changed a setting in the "2d Redraw Options" in the user preferences in the work environment.

I turned off "Optimize drawing method for high performance display card (Open GL)". The 2d drawing immediately went back to normal.

What did I do there? Does this mean the OpenGl is not working for the 2D only? I thought it was supposed to be so much better.

Any insight would be helpful. I am using a GeForce 4 128 mb agp4x card. I did the compatablilty test with it and it worked OK, no major problems except some text fill issues. Also, a pentium 4, 20GHZ intel chip, plenty of memory on the hard drive, 1 gig of ddr ram.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Tom wrote:
Also, a pentium 4, 20GHZ intel chip, plenty of memory on the hard drive, 1 gig of ddr ram.

Thanks.
Wow, can I get one of those 20 GHz machines? Must be expensive, though...
Sorry... Could not skip it...

To reflect to your issue, I also experienced OpenGL problems in 2D and I actually do not use it at all.
If you uncheck that checkbox, OpenGL will not be used in the Floor Plan Window at all.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dwight
Newcomer
German users of ArchiCAD 10 already have those 20Ghz machines.
Just to open the file.
Dwight Atkinson