Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

here is the composite section

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have attached the composite section,I am trying to do a gfrc section with insulation .
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
ashok_hj wrote:
I have attached the composite section,I am trying to do a gfrc section with insulation .
That should look like ... what?

Always post an example! And please do not use abbreviations unless you are absolutely sure everybody else around here understands them!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
...And please do not use abbreviations unless you are absolutely sure everybody else around here understands them!
GFRC=glass fiber reinforced concrete...Its fairly common, hopefully most architects/draftspersons know the abbreviation
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
Djordje wrote:
...And please do not use abbreviations unless you are absolutely sure everybody else around here understands them!
GFRC=glass fiber reinforced concrete...Its fairly common, hopefully most architects/draftspersons know the abbreviation
I don't know... in Dubai ???

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
woodster
Yes Woody, its probably used even more in an area like Dubai than where we are... They could refer to it as GRC though... I'm not really sure.

I do, however, get Djorde's point about abbreviations as I tend to get confused with alot of the basic "Chat" abrreviations.
Djordje
Ace
Dan wrote:
woodster wrote:
woodster
Yes Woody, its probably used even more in an area like Dubai than where we are... They could refer to it as GRC though... I'm not really sure.

I do, however, get Djorde's point about abbreviations as I tend to get confused with alot of the basic "Chat" abrreviations.
Oh, yes, it is very much used, and Dan is right - it is mostly called GRC here.

My point was - we all come from various parts of the planet, so what is obvious for me (door opening line, anyone?) is not so obvious or usual to you. Explaining ourselves fully helps to help.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Djordje wrote:
My point was - we all come from various parts of the planet, so what is obvious for me (door opening line, anyone?) is not so obvious or usual to you. Explaining ourselves fully helps to help.
I second that. I frequently need to look up english words because I am not fully acquainted with architectural terminology.
It is mostly the unknown words and symbols which prevent understanding.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Aussie John
Newcomer
Back on topic I did experiment with make a wall with that type of fill and it worked well (make a fill with that pattern and inset in the wall composite, you may have to juggle the origin.) That fill pattern is used to represent insulation here.

The wrinkle came when i exported to DWG and the pattern converted into gazillion line segment ballooning the file size.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]