Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Organiser blocking publisher, locking Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This is my first post here, so i hope it's on the right thread

I'm having a problem where when i print and i would dare click next to the publisher window it will hide behind my organiser window and i can't get it back on top..

Because of this i can't click the close button and Archicad is "locked" since i can't push any buttons anymore.

Anyone know how to fix this if it would happen again. I have already placed my organiser on the far left and publisher on the far right, but today i had someone with the same problem asking me this question too,
all i could answer was alt-f4 it.

Thanks in advance
Kris
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you tried to press "Esc" to escape from printing dialog?

It is not clear what problem do You actually have.
You should attach a snaphot of your screen i think...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried "esc", "ctrl-tab", clicking on everything that might make it pop up again. Nothing seemed to work.

On the picture added (attachement) the little window would pop behind the big one. I tried to reproduce it but it didn't work. So my guess is that it must be a certain chain of events that get you there. Still it is a pain when you where working on a heavy file.

Greets
Kris
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attachment is missing!

One more idea - use shortcuts to jump in appropriate window.
I use my own combination "Ctrl+2" to switch to plan window.

It often helps me to stop a neverending initialization of 3Dwindow with some unstable objects.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attachement (hopefully) added
One.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can freely move and close top window, so i could not understand your bug.
You have to wait somebody with the same problem or a guru answers...

soryy!?
Anonymous
Not applicable
may be AC just hanging?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've think I've had something similar happen to me a couple of times as well. It's like the dialog box ends up under the main Archicad screen. But Archicad won't respond to anything because it's waiting for the dialog to get answered but the dialog is stuck behind the Archicad screen. I think in the posted picture the explanation is that is the dialog box that is getting stuck behind the screen, not necessarily how it looks when the error happens.

Also, if I remember right, it's an all-stop type error where the computer hangs waiting for the dialog to be answered. Because I'm remembering that I had reboot to clear it. I think I blamed it on my ongoing problem I have with moving my laptop around connecting it to many different monitors and having several different desktop setups.

But maybe there is a problem with Archicad loosing those kind of all-stop dialog boxes under the main screen?
David Bearss
Booster
I would like to see if anybody has found a solution to this.
zeropointreference described situation exactly and I am experiencing occasionally. Have not determined exact sequence to trigger but suspect it may have to do with using other programs while publishing in background.
Anybody?
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
What graphic card do you have? Try update the drivers. I used to have similar issues with some Nvidia cards.