cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PLN and PMK exchange betw. AC9 and AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have trouble generally with marker and title from AC9.

How can I import Titles from AC9 and how can I make my own titles for layouts with AC10?
37 REPLIES 37
Eduardo Rolon
From another post from Karl
There is a 9-migration work environment on the 10 US Library update page. If you have the US version, go to the Help menu in 10, Check for Library Updates.... and you'll find a link there to an updated startup template for 10 as well as this optional Work Environment, which offers the old shortcut keys (ctrl-3 for 3D, for example) to help with the transition.

Karl
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

kevin b
Contributor
Don't see how either of those help in this situation but...
So I spoke somewhat too soon, I can see the NCS Drawing title 10, simple title 10 and title with layout no 10 when I start a new file in 10, however, I was in a file I had updated from 9 so all the titles we made showed up but no NCS, etc. When I go to load other title, I can't find the NCS title anywhere. If its part of the library container, why doesn't it show up already, and if its not inthe library container, why can't I find it to load it?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
kevin b
Contributor
So I found them but this is really stupid.
I had to extract the standard object library to a new folder in order to find the title types that are inside. If they are in the loaded library why couldn't I see them from the title type dialog. This just does not make any sense. Now to start working with them, that should be another adventure. Why is it that sometimes the simplest thing is so difficult?
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

TomWaltz
Participant
kevin wrote:
I had to extract the standard object library to a new folder in order to find the title types that are inside. If they are in the loaded library why couldn't I see them from the title type dialog. This just does not make any sense. Now to start working with them, that should be another adventure. Why is it that sometimes the simplest thing is so difficult?
I have not looked at them, but if they do not show up in the Titles dialog, it's possible that they are simple objects, not actual Titles.

Check what their SubType is to find out.
Tom Waltz
kevin b
Contributor
No, they are Title subtypes.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any way to get these "provided" title types into a drawing converted from 9? I have not even found them in the library or anything. Where are they? They are in a drawing opened up useing the template provided but I can't seem to find them to put them in the drawing i am working on.
kevin b
Contributor
See three messages up
I had to extract the standard object library to a new folder in order to find the title types that are inside. If they are in the loaded library why couldn't I see them from the title type dialog. This just does not make any sense.
And here is the continuation of the insanity, you can then delete the extracted folder and they are still in the list.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is this located? I can't find a zipped copy of the library to extract.
I have the titles when I use the template but not any other time.
kevin b
Contributor
In AC10 go to File>Libraries and Objects>Extract Container (a new file type for libraries) then browse to wherever your ArchiCAD10 Library is and look for file called "Object Library 10.lcf" It will ask you to select a folder to extract to so pick a location or make a new one you can browse back to. Once it finishes extracting go back to your layout>drawing setting>title and Load Other Drawing Title down at the bottom and browse to the folder you extracted to. Object Library 10> 01 General 10> Marker Symbols 10 and there are three objects in that folder that are titles: NCS Drawing Title 10.gsm, Simple Title 10.gsm and Title with Layout No 10.gsm

This was brought to you by the Graphisoft Intuitive Interface Department. I saw a russian bootleg of AC11 and the titles should be much easier to handle. They are going to be on a floppy disk, frozen in a block of ice, locked in a safe, wrapped in chains located at the bottom of the ocean, the location of which is only available on a map you can find using ResEdit while standing on your head.

All of this was on a MAC, PCs may vary.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Thomas Holm
Booster
Kevin, AC10 loads libraries in the .lcf container format directly. So you should be able to just check in the Library Manager that that library is loaded, and then navigate to the titles folder.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1