BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen type not changing on cover fill

Blue Amber
Participant

Hi!

I'm trying to change the settings for my section to make the appearance just black and white lines (as this is the graphic style I prefer). I'm using two tiles (one white - one black) and they look too similar in elevation and I would like to show that they're different by changing the cover fill of the black tiles to dark grey or something like that. However, it seems like my only options (under Section Settings/Model Appearance/Uncut Elements/Uncut Fill) is 'Nothing', 'Uniform Pen - Color Fill, Non-Shaded', 'Surface - Color Fill, Non-Shaded' etc. - all of which are not giving me the result I'm looking for. I would have thought that by selecting 'Nothing', it would have allowed me to select each thing individually to determine pen types but apparently not so maybe something else is causing this issue? Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 6.00.48 pm.png
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru

Have a look into GOs - Graphic Overrides

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/_AC26_Help/050_ViewsVB/050_ViewsVB-135.htm

What does it look like now if you set it to Shaded?

Ling.

ps. Please refer to the links in my siganture regarding this forum.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

I've changed it to 'Shaded' and tried every graphic override there is but it's still either all surface colours or all the same pen type 😞 thank you for trying to help though, any other ideas?

Lingwisyer
Guru

A question that I should have asked before, how are these tiles modelled?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Have you found the solution?

Have you found the solution? By the way If you're in search of top-notch online writing services, then look no further than https://letsgradeit.com/review/phdessay/ this website offers a comprehensive collection of reviews on various writing platforms, which can assist you in selecting the best website for completing your college projects.

These are the settings I have ...

BarryKelly_0-1679272186495.png

This should keep the foreground colour of your tiles as white and black if it is a hatch on those tiles you are using to show the colours.

I don't worry about black/white/greyscale on screen as I use a greyscale pen set for the drawings I place on the layouts.

But if you want the actual section to be black and white, then change the pen set you are using - you can control the colours as you want.

The 'uniform uncut pens' in the section settings will change everything (except the fill backgrounds) to the pen colour you choose.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!