cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pensets....Pensets...Pensets..and viewmap settings!!

rob2218
Enthusiast
hubboy.
see attached.
I need some opinions here.

VIEWMAP-COLOR-PENSET-SETTINGS-small.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly
Steve wrote:
I set column 10 to .01 mm so I have a hairline in each color as well.
You could set this pen thickness to zero (0 mm) to keep your pen number / pen size idea consistent.

A zero thickness will still give you a hairline.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Thanks. I will do that.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rob2218
Enthusiast
Steve....your method of setting the columns to 0.1, 0.2 etc...is ok..but there are objects all over the library that use pen colors that are in other objects....hence my problem.

The light objects use PEN NO.4....the lavatory objects use PEN NO.4....as well......why they were programmed like, why the GS programmers didn't just separate and assign objects with different pens is beyond me but.....it's a hassle to say the least. I need a solution for when you insert an object out of the box with a certain pen number....in this case pen 4....that is not the same pen number as another object. I've only scratched the surface on this issue...I'm sure there are many other objects that have the same problem...that they are sharing the same pen number and therefore once the penset is set to thick or thin....ALL objects with that pen number will be that thickness no matter what penset a user uses.........And I'd hate to be changing the pen numbers for the objects. that's not a good practice at all, because once you insert an object, change it's pen numbered assigned out of the box, then as soon as you grab another of the same type of object from the AC15 Library...you are stuck with having to change it's pen number again.............which is not good.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
The light objects use PEN NO.4....the lavatory objects use PEN NO.4....as well......why they were programmed like, why the GS programmers didn't just separate and assign objects with different pens is beyond me but.....it's a hassle to say the least.
Graphisoft may be happy that the lights and lavatory objects use the same pen colour.
As a user on the other hand you may not.
rob2218 wrote:
I need a solution for when you insert an object out of the box with a certain pen number....in this case pen 4....that is not the same pen number as another object.
The only options (I can think of) that you have are:
- modify the original library parts to set the pens you want - a problem when the library gets updated.
- copy and rename the object then modify the pens - library updates won't affect this but then you will also need to update (or replace) your copied object if you feel it is necessary.
- manually change the pen colour of the placed object every time you insert one.
- set up some favourites - this is probably the best option as updated libraries should not be affected (new version (i.e. 16) may be an issue though requiring the favourites to be updated as well).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11