BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plumbing fixtures showing on Partial structure display (loadbearing only)

Rastko Pecar
Booster

Hi, I have a small and strange problem.

While preparing my model for ifc export for civil engineer, I have turned my partial structure display to "core of load-bearing elements only" to display the structural elements in my model. All good except there is also plumbing fixtures there as seen on the screenshot.

RastkoPecar_0-1705574845378.png

First I thought I have wrongly classified these objects as load-bearing elements but there is no option for these objects/equipment elements to uncheck (rightly so, since these arent structural parts).

Is this a bug or have I messed up something?

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The Partial Structure Display option affects only element types that can have Composite Structures or Complex Profiles: Walls, Columns, Beams, Slabs, Roofs, Shells, and it will hide all non-core skins/components of these structures only.

Hiding other element types must be solved some other way, like using Layers.

Or, it may be possible to filter out those elements during IFC Export if you set your IFC Translator to not export MEP element types (and they are properly classified as MEP types). Check the Model Filter Dialog in the IFC Translator Dialog for option to filter by Structural function or IFC Domain (Structural, MEP, etc.) or even individual IFC Types.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rastko Pecar
Booster

Thank you Laszlo. Yes, Ive set the translator to export structural elements without MEPs.

It is the first time Ive encountered this issue. Do you think its a bug since only construction elements can have composite structure asigned to them as you say?

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What happen if you select one of the objects, right-click and use the Layer > Hide Layer command of the context menu.

Does that make the object disappear?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

It works, the elements disappear. It also works via layer settings menu. One weird thing that I've noticed is that in the quick layers Palette, the option to turn off the objects layer is greyed out. I use this palette a lot and this is the first time I'm seeing this (top right corner of the attached screenshot).

RastkoPecar_0-1705997857862.png

Learn and get certified!