Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Preview of ArchiCAD 18 Update 5014

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

ArchiCAD 18 Update 5014 is available as a Preview version. This has been tested for English language versions so far. It will be released officially on a later date through the “Check for updates” system. Until that it is labeled as a preview, but available for you through this link:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC18/AC18-4020to5014-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
6 REPLIES 6
Hi Andor,

If the "Preview" has passed QC, what might happen to it prior to general release?

4020 was mistakenly "previewed". Fortunately I didn't have the problems others encountered applying that patch, but at this stage in ArchiCAD 18's life, sandboxing a build of AC 18 5014 to test isn't a viable option.

what's the story?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Aaron,

The Update went through QC for only a couple of language versions yet. We will publish it when we have tested for the other languages as well. Please check the list of fixed problems, and if you find any of them relevant to you we suggest you update your ArchiCAD. If you don't have problems with Update 4020 than you might not want to use the Update yet.
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Thanks Andor, I feel a clean install coming on. and then an update.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Problems that don't seem to have been fixed or addressed (based on a first reading of that list):-

- ArchiCAD incorrectly exporting extra unwanted geometry (related to the last couple of edits or modifications done before export) from the 3D window when exporting a 3D model to some 3D format to be used in some other program (like rendering or even IFC).

- ArchiCAD randomly completely freezing or crashing, necessitating a complete system restart to flush the ArchiCAD.exe from the system processes before another session of ArchiCAD can be started. Typically related to Cinerender crashing or freezing during a render or start of a render or sometimes just opening the Render dialog box and the preview starts to refresh - but not always only because of this.

-ArchiCAD not automatically updating materials or surfaces in the 3D window in the case of a change to the materials settings, until you force an update by changing the surface of an object. Not as big a problem but nonetheless annoying and infuriating especially when you forget and are doing an export.

-Whatever problem it was which was preventing the Nextlimit people from updating the Maxwell render bridge, forcing people to have to go back to AC17 to use Maxwell render.

Obviously most of these are not as being problems or debilitating and you can mostly work around them, but regardless, it's still perplexing that it's almost a year passed since this version was released and these problems haven't been addressed by any Hotfix version, and we're probably a couple of months away from ArchiCAD 19 release.

Does this mean that if a hotfix (other than this one, and in the coming months) doesn't fix these issues soon that we should expect them to re-appear in AC19, or is AC19 our best hope of getting some of these issues addressed.

Something tells me that AC19 will have it's own unique set of issues and problems prior to the first hotfix before compounding it with unaddressed issues from AC18.
Also, I find the notion of a preview for the Hotfix itself - before the actual release - rather amusing.

It's almost like those YouTube clips that force you to watch a video of an ad before the actual clip you're trying to view, which in the case of a movie trailer (or even worse, a teaser trailer for the actual trailer) is itself an ad for a movie and something you will not see for sometime to come.

So basically they force you to watch a video clip of a product you're more than likely not interested in, just to be able to watch a video of something you're not even sure you'll be interested in, which was the whole point of clicking onto that clip to begin with.

But that's neither here nor there.
I just found it rather funny (even while I get why you're doing it.)
gpowless
Advocate
Update causes crashes on startup.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full