Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problems that I hope have answers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Grid bubbles - do they have the ability to be at different heights in different sections and elevations. We want them to be shown in both sections and elevations but the grid bubbles need to be very high to clear the top of the roof and some of our sections are of smaller shorter sections of the building.

Corner windows in the curtain wall - I hopefully included a pic of what I need and want to know how to make the corner "clean up" so that in plan and in elevation it looks correct. There is no frame at the corner condition but when I tried to make a custom frame the width of the glass I got funky things happening (it also asked me for a cap which I did not want but looked like it I had to have one. I tried to turn the frame invisable but then the glass crosses itself in the plan (I wanted all the horizontal frames to continue thru). I tried to make a corner window with the corner window tool but there is no objects that could do what I needed it to do.

Why isn't there a metal pan options in the stair tool? Do they only build those types of stairs here in Wisconsin?!?

There should be an easy way to put a line 4" or 6" or whatever from the base of a wall so that we don't have to draft a line in or add some other object or little wall (that will bog down the system and not follow the wall when changed) to show the vinyl base in elevation and in 3D for clients and contractors!

Please tell me all of these are possible w/ Archicad. Doesn't anyone else in the world need these types of things or is everyone happily drafting and working around and spending more time trying to fudge your way thru a project.

That's the last rant for this year, I promise

Thanks,
Michele
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, yes, not everything can be done with the current Curtain Wall tool, and some things are a bit less easy to do than others. But I am sure this Tool will be further developed in subsequent versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27