BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problems with curtain wall tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started using curtain wall tool and notice some buggy behavior. Firstly, at some point while editing the curtainwall in 3d, I lose my constraining (shift key) when I get back to plan. I have to quit ArchiCAD to get it back again. VERY ANNOYING.

Secondly, when editing curtainwall, I cannot move frame/mullion members in plan. Isn't this sort of essential ??? Am I missing an edit mode or something? It seems I can only edit in 3d. Which requires that I create 3d proxy elements in order to snpo mullions into an accurate spot. Additionally, when doing this method, the curtainwall obscures foreground objects that I want to snap too. Also seems like a bug.

Thirdly, when I have my curtain wall laid out and I want to edit the vertical spacing via the System Settings, the curtain wall reverts back to the orginal (incorrect) layout, forcing me to suffer through the issues mentioned above.

Perhaps I am jumping the gun on some of these problems and missing a better workflow. Please let me know if anyone has a better way of working with the curtain wall tool.
10 REPLIES 10
Milan
Booster

To add, there is a issue when editing tho contour of the CW, to be precise, border line, the final one that defines the shapes of the system, the blue one when selected. The ISSUE is when trying to define the custom shape, add new points, move new edge, or move whole edge. Simply you need to be an ARTIST to acheive theese operations, otherwise is only moving the grid position and distribution, but to start editing shape, just forget. I love my job, sometimes I get annoyed by clients that don't want to listen, but mostly my stress is coming due to malfunctioning of this program, where development consist of: 1. putting bugs and issues under the carpet, 2. forgeting about essential design modeling solution and flexibility, 3. adding new features that are non-essential, and useless to be harsh... More you use the program, more you will find how frustrating is. 

Learn and get certified!