cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Profiler process

Tom Krowka
Booster
Love that profiler tool. But, how do I save the profile for use again. Also, once I get that profile back into the drawing, how do I start the profile extrusion drawing process.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
13 REPLIES 13
Petros Ioannou
Booster
Just emphasising what Djordje wrote...The big difference between an Archiforma and Profiler is that in Archiforma you can move the profile's nodes through the Z axis...
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Djordje
Ace
vfrontiers wrote:
I would, however, like to be able to move a path node without having to RE-DO the profile. I have asked and it may be eminent that STRETCHY HOTSPOTS will be a part of the profiler's path in the future.
Yep, exactly the ArchiForma point; I was tweaking a tent today, and it is all graphical AND easy ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Petros wrote:
Just emphasising what Djordje wrote...The big difference between an Archiforma and Profiler is that in Archiforma you can move the profile's nodes through the Z axis...
And with ArchiForma 2.0 you can extrude interesting free-form shapes via polylines that are in 3-space. Take a look at some of the images on the new 2.0 web site. I didn't use ArchiForma 1.8 very much, prefering Profiler like Duane, but can see that I will be using 2.0 quite a bit.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
Petros wrote:
And with ArchiForma 2.0 you can extrude interesting free-form shapes via polylines that are in 3-space. Take a look at some of the images on the new 2.0 web site. I didn't use ArchiForma 1.8 very much, prefering Profiler like Duane, but can see that I will be using 2.0 quite a bit.
Yes, I forgot to mention that all the time I am describing 2.0 ... sorry
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen