cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

RENOVATION FILTER - HELP!

griggadee
Contributor
Hello Experts!

Please help me find a solution to this problem.

I have tried to set my renovation filter to show my demolished elements as transparent but with a red dotted outline. For some reason, the demolished elements now show as a solid background fill which is contrary to the graphics in my renovation filter options.

Does anyone have any ideas how to sort this?

The same element also shows up in solid red in the 3d model view which I also want to change.

Thanks folks...

Paul

Screen Shot.jpg
Paul Griggs BSc (Hons) MCIAT MCIOB
Chartered Architectural Technologist
AC23, i5 3570K Processor, 16gb RAM, NVidia 570GTX Graphics Card, 250gb SSD Drive
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is even more basic, where is the renovation filter box in AC17? I knew where it was in 16, but in 17 running on windows 8 I cannot get the renovation box to show on screen.

I have tried - documents renovation filters, but cannot find a way of getting the toolbar up on screen. Very frustrating as I want to show elements before new construction and I am not being allowed.
Eduardo Rolon
As far as I know it is still in the same place. If you imported your work environment from AC16 try using a different work environment to see if it shows up.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I guess you are talking about the Renovation Palette.
Maybe somehow it got moved outside the screen area.

You can go to the Work Environment Dialog and apply the Standard Palettes scheme. That should bring all your palettes to the screen.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that , now found - did it used to be accessible directly from the main menu rather than the palette?

Any way so good so far, however I created my model in Archicad 16, in 17 it has lost all the parts for renovation and demolition! Tab back between the options means I only have the planned status and not the original status. This is on windows, it seems to be fine on the iMac.
Eduardo Rolon
Data should not be lost, you just are not able to see it. Do a "New and Reset" in AC17, reset your 'Work Env" and then open the file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Just to be sure. This is the list that is empty?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
If so then using Renovation Filter Options you can export the settings from the iMac and import then in your PC.
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 9.04.31 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
The 3D data should not be affected
Screen Shot 2013-08-14 at 9.04.17 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was fine on my old windows PC running XP, yes when I toggle between the planned and existing status nothing changes at all, I have the planned status showing but cannot get the existing status to show, and I was rather hoping not to have to redo a load of work.

I will try sending the back up file from my mac at home back to the office and see if this works back as it should.

Matt
Eduardo Rolon
You can also import the settings from another file. Open a new AC file using one of the standard templates export that one and import it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator