Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Resize or rescale a complete job

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I have a house made to completion and lets say its 160 sq m in floor size overall. Can I resize the whole job to 50% so it comes out at 80 sq m?
Best regards
F
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you plan to resize the human occupants as well?

You must realize that this is an architectural (design) problem and not a simple matter of scale.
[Irrelevant geometric comment: you only need to resize it to sqrt 2/2 (say 70,7%) to get 50% of the area. Getting users 70,7% high may not be that difficult after all, but getting miniature kitchen cabinets lighting fixtures faucets windows toilets etc. will require a bit of custom work.]

[Irrelevant architectonic comment: Le Corbusier obviously had some cost estimate headache after he had what he thought was a pretty finished design for Ville Savoye --it's nice to compare the project to-be-built published in the first volume of the Complete Works, and the finetuned shrinked project as built published in the second volume. The rooftop bedroom area got squeezed into the main story, the structural bay is a bit smaller, etc. The second design is as always happens in these cases even more awesome than the first design.]
Anonymous
Not applicable
🙂 nice comments, the one for our French Colleague is super 🙂 Its not a problem of design, its a problem of clients. I just cannot get AC10 to scale horizontal and vertical constraints equally. Will try horiz, then later vert and see what happens. Thanks guys for your time.
F
Anonymous
Not applicable
More seriously. . .

The resizing only works in plan (X & Y). There is no equivalent function in the Z direction - it would have to be done manually. I still can't figure out why you need this.