Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Resource Books

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have any previous Autocadd/now Archicadd converts bought or utilized the book, "Archicadd for the Autocadd User"? I have been looking at it from Amazon, and over course when you don't have a copy to browse, you want to know Is it a viable resource? Would it be helpful to have a copy in the office? Currently, no one in our office has gone through a training-Would this book be helpful before, during, or after a training session?

After years of using Autocadd, there are tricks, techniques, etc that we use daily-I'm hoping for a resource to maybe compare the two, or give me a "to do 'x' in autocadd, now perform functions 'y'"...

Or is there a better resource book available instead of this one?

Any suggestions/comments/advice is oh so welcome.
Thanks-
Kathleen
1 REPLY 1
TomWaltz
Participant
We have a copy of the book here.

It was written for Archicad 7. Since Archicad is now on release 9, the book it pretty badly out of date.

it does a fair job of explaining concepts that still apply, but it is hard to sort out what still applies and what does not if you do now already know the program.

I am much more impressed by the new edition of Project Framework. While it is written for Archicad 8.1, its concepts are much more current, and most of the advice is general relating to working with a 3D CAD software.
Tom Waltz