cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: AC12+ Question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Does anyone think GS might include/be working towards incorporating add-ons such as MaxonForm or Objective into future releases?
I have been using AC for about 4 years now and am relatively happy with the software, I do however wish it was easier to model new objects/elements without requiring any add-ons.
Thanks.
72 REPLIES 72
Karl Ottenstein
a.bowden wrote:
I am 90% sure that the AC 12 will have the ability to do what Maxonform does. Reason I say this is:

1) They have stopped selling Maxonform...
By this logic, since GS stopped developing/selling 'Option Manager', it should have been included in the product several versions ago. 😉

Surprisingly, that product is still listed on a GSUS web page for AC 9:
http://www.graphisoftus.com/residential.html

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
a.bowden wrote:
I am 90% sure that the AC 12 will have the ability to do what Maxonform does. Reason I say this is:

1) They have stopped selling Maxonform...
By this logic, since GS stopped developing/selling 'Option Manager', it should have been included in the product several versions ago. 😉

........not to mention "Ductwork" (MEP module), as well. Who knows, they might both show up in AC12 or 13.

........but then again so might Waldo.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Dwight wrote:
Photo of Graphisoft Lady attached
Ah, just a dream then. Sad to say, I thought so. Nothing to bet your practice on
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
I'm more liable to believe the alternate reason given for Maxonform's phasing out,.....i.e that they want people to use the latest version of C4D instead of wasting resources on a niche product, - especially considering the fact that this option would work for them and Nemetschek on a broader marketing and software development strategy for specializing products and clients rather than spreading (and duplicating) functions thin across different applications.
I'm not sure. Maybe they have not so much in common in marketing.
Interesting reading: Architosh-Interview with Sean Flaherty, CEO of Nemetschek North America: The Nemetschek Group and the Graphisoft Acquisition.
stefan
Expert
If this reasoning would work, we would have EON Fastview, ArchiFM, Zermatt and other plugins right inside ArchiCAD. However, nothing like this has happened.

I'm not making guesses for AC12 anymore.

By the way, the Revit Swept Blend tool is indeed rather nice. However, beware that paths in Revit are drafted in 2D reference planes (which can have almost any orientation), which is not as freeform as you might have hoped. The nice thing is that they allow you to use the splines for the path and the profile.

Good video-example:
http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/2008/03/swept-blends-in-revit-architecture-2009.html
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
Dwight wrote:
Photo of Graphisoft Lady attached
Ah, just a dream then. Sad to say, I thought so. Nothing to bet your practice on
She is the Bride of Frankenstein
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Dennis wrote:
That sounds awesome ! ... but I thought the reason they stopped maxonform is because they want you to use the latest C4D instead.
I thought they stopped making it because no one was buying it because it barely worked.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom, I think you should have added - not only did it barely work, but it 'corrupted' native AC elements that could be scheduled (and edited), and made a big nasty gdl soup....

And Dwight, your nomination for "Graphisoft Lady" is quite a clever analogy....
(and I do not mean not the poor reseller somewhere here in Aus, but rather someone who depicts the state of the software!).
Dwight
Newcomer
And the rest of us are mere knaves to the monster.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Bricklyne wrote:
........not to mention "Ductwork" (MEP module), as well. Who knows, they might both show up in AC12 or 13.

........but then again so might Waldo.
Not to mention Godot.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen