Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: CORNER WINDOWS - Survey

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am just curious how many of you are using the actual Graphisoft corner window tool. We are completely ignoring it and using Door-Window builder instead.
Please vote in the poll to improve current status of opening creation.

thanks

Administrator guys would it possible to make this poll sticky for a while? Thanks...
::rk
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
They're ridiculous in the US too. I think like 2 people use it. I suspect it's something that they made back in the 90's and just kept around for laughs. You could do the same thing with the profiled walls, just not as automated.

What do you mean my "planar glass"? Like a storefront? Or something more elaborate?
Well such as sheer all glass multistorey facades made up of frameless toughened glass, using spider brackets or similar ss patch fixings and structural glass fin supports or ss tubular steel framework supports. Not to mention silicon sealed frameless glass roof canopies etc. I know most advanced usrs can probably construct something like this using the default tools with a bit of time, but they are so common these days that Archicad really needs a tool that enables all users to make them up quickly - I would use this construction A LOT.

Also what about tensile fabric roofs and inflatable structures. Theyre big in the UK the moment. And some nifty deconstructivist shard type wall and roof tools would be neat as well.

Nats
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
as I can see this topic has been beautifully progressing confirming my assumptions that the current corner window tool is rather useless, what's more, this tool has a reserved spot on the tools palette and nicely complements the prehistoric vault/dome roof and finely crafted wall-end tool.
oh, dear, dear Graphisoft....
::rk
owen
Newcomer
Perhaps GS should just outsource their library management to GS Germany .. they seem to really have their act together there. All that needs to be done is provide language localization

and nats .. completely agree with where you are coming from. The GS libraries are full of objects I imagine see little use by anyone, yet they are missing so many basic, commonly used elements such as those you mention. I think the GS library guys should go on a world architecture study tour for a month or so before they get to work on the library for each release ... just to see whats actually being used out there.

You can create all this stuff as parametric objects in GDL for your office to re-use, but I know what you're going to say and you're right .. it's not easy and anyway most of it should already be there.

I bet the German library has a spider fixing in it ... anyone care to share?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
__archiben
Booster
owen wrote:
I bet the German library has a spider fixing in it ...
yep. mit or mitout the glas too.
... anyone care to share?
i would, but it's from a beta release library . . . it would be better to glean the final release from someone else.

i'm sure i've seen spider fixing before though . . .

~/archiben
Picture 1.png
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never managed to get it to work consistantly - one day it'll work the next it'll give random results... though that's probably just me not using it right.

but anyway, it DEFINITELY needs revision. Try creating a corner window that's not 90degrees and it exacerbates the problem 100fold...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
Try creating a corner window that's not 90degrees and it exacerbates the problem 100fold...
I have also had this problem, sometimes even the door & window builder solution has a bit of a problem with it, although it is much better than the standard ArchiCAD corner windows.

Needs looking at.
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I have an old version of Door & Window Builder for AC 6.5, when it was Theometric. We only used it on 1 or 2 projects, but recently, I've had more need for creative windows. At the same time, the AC windows have improved in functionality, so I don't have many problems. Is the new D/W Builder a good investment? Reviews are appreciated!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bruce
Advisor
I never use any of the ArchiCAD standard windows - they are too difficult to work through...and then they don't display the way I want.

Cadimage's D&W builder every time (except for curved windows). Graphisoft Hungary should buy it and include it as the ArchiCAD standard - seriously.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bruce wrote:
I never use any of the ArchiCAD standard windows - they are too difficult to work through...and then they don't display the way I want.

Cadimage's D&W builder every time (except for curved windows). Graphisoft Hungary should buy it and include it as the ArchiCAD standard - seriously.
Ditto.