Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: ¿News about AC 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all!

¿Anybody knows anything about AC 12, please?

I'm hearing rumours, but nothing concrete...

Thanks a lot and regards.

P.S. Like another user says: "forgive my spanglish..."
325 REPLIES 325
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didnt see anyone saying that Revit is not running ahead of Archicad.
Just saying its slow if you have a super big project.

I dont have an experience with 130000m2 building in Archicad either so i cannot tell. But from my experience in smaller building Sections and elevations in Archicad are not live and take quite some time to build, so to compare we must do it on comparable items.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didnt see anyone saying that Revit is not running ahead of Archicad.
Just saying its slow if you have a super big project.
Why is it that a place like Studios, which did 200k sf projects and bigger in Archicad, and was Graphisoft's largest American user, switch to Revit?

From what I know, Studios was using Archicad as a 2-d tool on all but 1 project. This was pretty telling. It's better now but for $4k, it should as easy to work in 3-d as it is in Sketchup. Yes, it is better but making custom objects and getting them to work in drawings can be quite difficult and time consuming.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oreopoulos wrote:
But from my experience in smaller building Sections and elevations in Archicad are not live and take quite some time to build
Sections/Elevations are live. You will move the window in section it will move in plan and 3D window as well. Rebuild time is based on complexity of the section and limiters together with proper layer control help a lot. Keep in mind that Archicad have to be accurate. And to make things worse you typically show quite complex geometry. Any software takes time to display complex 2D information. I don't understand why people assume that live means instant. It is not the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sections and Elevations in Revit are Live (instant) . Aren't they?
(live means, you change on plan you see on section without rebuilding it)
Chadwick
Newcomer
Correct. I have an elevation, plan and 3D window tiled so I can see them all. When I select a window (or any other object) in one I will see it selected and moved instantly in all other windows at the same time.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Shivang Rajvir
Participant
Is it really unique in Revit?
Have you guys worked in AC 11?
and let AC 12 come out
ARCHICAD Lover

http://www.dimensionplus.in

Core i7 3.4 GHz, AC 9 to 22

MacBook Air Core i3 1.6 GHz - 8 Gb RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well just tested on Revit2009. On quite simple test scene. It is not that instant as it is claimed. But it does automatically rebuild the scene in every visible window. It takes about a second to refresh all (4) windows. But of course it is way faster than in AC. There is no doubt about it.
Chadwick
Newcomer
I haven't worked in AC 11 - I was just referring to how Revit works. I hope it's work flow isn't unique. I remember in AC 10 that when you opened a section or elevation there was a slight pause and then a 'ding!' when it regenerated like it was fresh out of the microwave. Has this changed in 11?

Speaking of the little things, I miss the red line option for Teamwork. It was the only icon that had a furrowed brow and angry look on its face.
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, answers from dedicated AC-users. But what I would have liked to see is answers/engagement from GS dedicated to their users. I find no dialog.
Wouldn´t it be good to sometime se a post from GS that meet up with a users question?
Do you see this with Revit or any other software? I'm not sure what you expect!
And what about all of the new tools/functions that AC-resellers talk about that later on shows that they don´t work all the way, as the profiler and curved walls. I know I can´t deliver halfdone work to my clients.
Is it any different with other resellers? Everyone talks up their prioduct, even though it may not be all it's cut out to be. For example, I know many consultants who claim to know BIM in order to get the project, yet they have no clue. It is what it is!
How come the "leading" AC-solution can´t model traditionel standing panels or facade-sidings in a rational way, like the API from Cadimagetool?
Define rational!
It took AC two years to introduce the open gl-rendering engine after it was implemented in Vektorworks. Remarkable!
So what, it tool AutoDesk 15 plus years to buy Revit so they can do real BIM.
Step up GS, My demands are high, and they should.
So are everyones on this forum and GS knows this.
Or is it that we get what we pay for? How much do I have to pay, since I noticed that engagemnet from dedicated users ain´t enough?
Overall we get a very good product. But luckily you live in free society where you can choose to spend your money as you like. I would venture to say that the competition is no better.
Sam Wheatley
Contributor
I recon it will be announced tomorrow (Thurs 12 June) and released 14 July! (fingers crossed! I'm still in an optimistic mood!)

Any other takers, as I assume nobody other than GS employees would actually know!
still optimistic? it would be nice to hear as much from Graphisoft as an "You will receive information on such and such date" but not ah thing.
ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB