Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reverse Railing Direction

Aaron Bourgoin
Virtuoso
Page 1038 of the AC Manual describes how to reverse the reference line of the railing from a command on the contextual menu for the railing tool.

Problem is that I can't find it.

I'm hoping this function would adjust the railing on the right to align its fixings to the wall.

Magic wanting this rail style from either end of the stair has no effect.

Has this command been disabled in 5022 or did it ever exist?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
5 REPLIES 5
felcunha
Expert
Select and right-click over the blue line of the railing, and "File railing on reference line".
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Aaron Bourgoin
Virtuoso
Felipe, Thanks! "Flip" is a separate command from the "Reverse" command listed in the manual. I have the Flip command on my contextual menu but not Reverse.

I'm hoping that the Reverse command could mirror railing fixings back toward the wall where they're supposed to be. Not sure why my picture didn't show up in my post. will try and reload it when I get to work.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is interesting because I have never heard of this command before, it does not appear on my context menu either, but there is a screenshot about it in the Help PDF.
I will ask my contacts at GS about this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have received info from GS HQ.
The information in the PDF file is not up-to-date, this command did not make it into the final release.
If you ever find a discrepancy between the program and the PDF documentation, it is a good idea to check the Online Help, since that can be and is continually updated. So the Online Help should be your "source of truth".

Also, if you ever find such issues, please post it here, I will forward it to GS and they will fix the Online Help ASAP.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
And here I just redrew a whole lot of railings to get them all going to same direction... whelp. Thanks for the info. Exactly what I needed. I do think that this should be included on the toolbar much like walls.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660