Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Road texture mapping

Ahmed_K
Advisor
I have to map a curved road with a road texture, the mapping works perfectly with straight roads , ut i can't bend the map to follow the curve of the road , archicad any help Guys !! thanks
i'll use the texture shown below

Sans titre.jpg
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 27
Windows 11 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
12 REPLIES 12
Ahmed_K
Advisor
uv mapping is essential for any software, it's a BASIC tool, it's strange to not being added after 19 versions of archicad.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 27
Windows 11 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I like the negative skirt trick, nice one
Barry wrote:
Duplicate the mesh and drag the duplicate 1mm higher.
Give the mesh a negative height so the sides (skirt) goes up instead of down.
It will basically invert your mesh.

Use Solid Element Operation to subtract the inverted mesh from the walls (with upwards extrusion if necessary if the mesh is not higher than the walls).

Barry.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
David Maudlin
Rockstar
You don't need to duplicate the Mesh (negative skirt). The same result can be obtained by using two SEO operations on the same elements:
1. Select the Line elements (Walls/Slabs) and set them as Targets, select the Road element (Mesh) and set it as Operator, set Operation to Intersection, Execute. The Line elements are cut to the Road.
2. Select the Road element (Mesh) and set as Target, select the Line elements (Walls/Slabs) and set as Operator, set Operation to Subtraction, Execute. The Road (mesh) has now been removed where the Line elements are, so they are visible and in the same surface planes as the Road. The Line elements will now automatically follow any changes made to the Road (Mesh).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14