Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Plan w/ walls below

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Any way to have the walls below the roof show up? I was hoping this new release would allow it. I see the walls have a new setting "automatic" but the walls only go up to the ceiling and not the roof. It would be nice if the ghost level could display.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
32 REPLIES 32
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I think it depends how you want it to look Tom.

I haven't tested this yet, but I think if you want the walls to show up as solid lines under your roof, you could incorporate your top story and roof into one story. Then you could adjust the view's setting to raise the cut plane above the roof. You could also adjust the view's model view options to turn all walls (and roofs) to show the cut fill contours only, along with your desired window/door options.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
I think it depends how you want it to look Tom.

I haven't tested this yet, but I think if you want the walls to show up as solid lines under your roof, you could incorporate your top story and roof into one story....
Link,
This look like a good potential solution...but not if you want to keep a separate story for your roof....Does version 10 offer the abilty to display walls across stories like the roof tool and objects??? I hope so.

Dan K
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Does version 10 offer the abilty to display walls across stories like the roof tool and objects??? I hope so.
No it doesn't AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
No it doesn't AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Link,
Thanks for the quick reply...somehow I new you would reply that fast!...kinda' a bummer about the answer though.

Thanks again,
Dan K
Barry Kelly
Link wrote:
Does version 10 offer the abilty to display walls across stories like the roof tool and objects??? I hope so.
No it doesn't AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
I was told that it does.
Can't say for sure though as I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Link wrote:
No it doesn't AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
I was told that it does.
Barry.
Barry,
I have "sneaking suspision" that we might be waiting for Version11 on this one.

Dan K
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Will try Link's suggestion. Too bad there is no easy way to do this. I can't understand why walls can't work like other elements and show up on levels other than their own.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
TomWaltz
Participant
Barry wrote:
Link wrote:
No it doesn't AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
I was told that it does.
Barry.
Yes and no. Walls appear on stories they pass through. There is not a blanket "show on above" or "show on below" setting.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I generally just show an outline of the exterior walls and any other load supporting elements. Because of the limitations I do this with a line having to trace the walls. It would be very nice if this alternate display requirements of the wall would be recognized by graphisoft. Just like the notion that at times users want different display control of walls in plan and section views (low walls).