Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof fill problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have searched ArchiTalk but have not found anything which solves my problem here.

The roof does not have vertical lines in elevation view for the 16" standing seam material.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check the Vectorial Hatching settings for the particular material you have used for the roof.

Don't forget to select 'Use fill of surface material' in the roof/slab cover fill settings to be able to see the result.
Anonymous
Not applicable
here? I am not sure what to look for?

-thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
O right I see, It was set tp Plank Floor and not standing seam

-thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, if you change where is says 'plank floor' in the middle to the fill you want to use, then select 'Use fill of surface material' in the actual settings for the roof/slab it should work properly.

edit - beat me to it!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also you might want to adjust the spacing of the fill to 1'-4" so it matches the texture if it isn't set that way already.

Perhaps do this on a copy of the fill just in case some other texture uses the same one and rename it 'standing seam 1'-4"' or something.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok, I was just going to ask why there are so many lines in plan and elevation view
Anonymous
Not applicable
It does say 1'-4" and seams to be right but there are too many lines?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can either select another fill that looks more like what you are after, then duplicate and rename that, or you can create a symbol fill which involves drawing the fill using lines in the floorplan window and then pasting them into the fill setup box.

Check both options out in the help settings for all the details.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok got it thanks