Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof trimmed in Floor Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help! Working in V12 for the first time, I imported this drawing from V10, and when I did, the roof elements are all trimmed in the Floor Plan window. I tried adjusting the Story Settings (yes, I can make this worse by decreasing the height to next story, but cannot make it go away by INCREASING--there is no next story), by adjusting the Projection settings, everything. It is as if there is a slab, or ceiling ABOVE the roof that is trimming it in plan view.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rip wrote:
Help! Working in V12 for the first time, I imported this drawing from V10, and when I did, the roof elements are all trimmed in the Floor Plan window.
Have you tried changing the "Floor Plan Display" (to "Outlines Only" or "Overhead All")?
roof 2d display.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc-

That fixed it!!! I can't tell you how I struggled with this. Thanks for your help!

Rip
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rip wrote:
That fixed it!!! I can't tell you how I struggled with this. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys--

my bad. I didn't mean TEXTURE, I meant hatch. I have attached a screen shot.

Was working in a program, doing some graphic art stuff, and it refers to hatches as textures. Sorry!

The screen shot is preliminary--just trying to get something out to start the pricing exercise. See--the hatch (shingles) is/are not showing up on the roof. All other views it is fine--plan, 3D, etc..

Archicad 10 & 12 latest build
Mac OSX 10.4.10/G5/ 1.8 GHz/1 GB ram