cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SLOPING WALLS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I can cut a wall with a roof, but I am wondering if I can draw a complex shape in an elevation, extrude it and use that with a the seo function to cut a complex shape to the top of a wall?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes you can
adzik
Newcomer
Check Archicad help files for "Solid element operations" and "custom profile"
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So there isn't a 3d solid tool you can use in an elevation window. I have create a profile through profile manager and turn it into a beam or something and then open it in the elevation window and then do the seo.
I just thought I had missed something obvious. What a horrible way to go about it.
adzik
Newcomer
Well you got the basic gist of the process.

I wouldn't say that it's horrible. In my opinion it's rather easy actually, because once you've create the profile element and SEOd it from the wall, then all changes you make to the actual profile in profile manager reflect automatically on the SEOd wall in elevation/3D/etc.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is certainly beneficial, and having it update automaticly is a bonus. I am still not sold though. I have a series of existing raking, flat various height walls which I have modeled and I need to extend some of these walls up by various amounts to create a railing for a stair which is being remodeled for disabled access. It would be great to be able to create a fill in elevation, which i could extruded and use seo with.
adzik
Newcomer
But you can!

Just create your fill in the elevation view in whatever shape you need it and then just copy-paste it into the profile drawing in profile manager.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
joPlan wrote:
I have a series of existing raking, flat various height walls which I have modeled and I need to extend some of these walls up by various amounts to create a railing for a stair which is being remodeled for disabled access.
Any sketches, images? (You know the old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words"...)
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
For a situation like this I would just use a roof (on a layer turned off unless you need to modify it) as the Operator. Complex profiles would be harder to manage in this case if there are different angles involved, as opposed to just changing the angle of the roof. If the operator needed to be an irregular shape then Complex Profiles would be the way to go.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all your suggestions. I was just checking there wasn't an easier way to create the shape I needed. To be honest I have used other 3d software where this (creating a shape in elevation) is possible and it is so much easier, simpler and more direct.

Cheers all