Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sash style H-V grid for transom only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to get a grid in only the transom part of any windows that come with Archicad 8.1? When I turn the h-v grid on I get the grid in the top & bottom windows. Do I have to make them 2 windows????

Thanks for any ideas,
Michele
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Michele wrote:
Is it possible to get a grid in only the transom part of any windows that come with Archicad 8.1? When I turn the h-v grid on I get the grid in the top & bottom windows. Do I have to make them 2 windows????
Hi Michele,

Depends on the window. You get get what you want, for example, with the W1 Casement FixU 81 and W2 Casement FixU 81 windows ... in the "Sash" tab of the Custom Settings, just set the Ver and Hor panes for the "Lower" portion to "1" after selecting H-V Grid. Note for example, that you cannot choose Simple Prairie Style and turn the grid off on the top or bottom part. If you want a prairie lower and a clear upper you have to choose H-V Grid Custom, turn off the upper mullions, and then enable hotspots and manually drag the lower mullions into the desired prairie configuration.

The windows have come a long way, but have a long way to go yet before they are readily usable in practice IMHO.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure it is...

The settings are a bit fiddly especially since you can't quite read the full parameter names. The attachment shows a double-hung set up somewhat as you describe.
aahatimo
Newcomer
Matthew wrote:
The settings are a bit fiddly especially since you can't quite read the full parameter names.
matthew,
you bring up a great point. is there any way to show the full names?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
aahatimo wrote:
Matthew wrote:
The settings are a bit fiddly especially since you can't quite read the full parameter names.
matthew,
you bring up a great point. is there any way to show the full names?
Not in the parameter list as shown, but this library part does have a custom settings interface where it is easier to set these parameters see attachment).
David Pacifico
Booster
is there any way to show the full names?

1. Collapse the left side of the dialog box by clicking on the little triangle at the top of the seperation bar.

2. Stretch to enlarge the dialog box so you can see the full names.

3. Expand the dialog box.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
aahatimo
Newcomer
thanks david, that did it!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great tip David! I hadn't realized it could do that. Thanks.