Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sharing existing View Sets when sharing project

Anonymous
Not applicable
How could I share the existing view sets when sharing a project.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert wrote:
How could I share the existing view sets when sharing a project.

Apparently I was taken again, bastards, I am screwed. Could someone give me a glimmer of hope
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adalbert,

Anyone can share the View Sets they create. Just select the pop-up in the in Navigator. See attachment.

The only problem arises if the team member who creates the set doesn't share it.

The point of this, of course, is to allow team members to create their own sets for convenience of working without burdening the project as a whole. I assume (though I haven't checked) that Team Leader with exclusive access can see and share all View Sets.

The best practice is to be sure to share the View Set as soon as it is created.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew,
I was clear when sharing a PLN you loose all the view sets in the shared PLC !!!!!!!!!!!

It sucks, it is a needles and absurd mistake and denotes the developer's haste and lack of foresight

Matthew wrote:
Adalbert,

Anyone can share the View Sets they create. Just select the pop-up in the in Navigator. See attachment.

The only problem arises if the team member who creates the set doesn't share it.

The point of this, of course, is to allow team members to create their own sets for convenience of working without burdening the project as a whole. I assume (though I haven't checked) that Team Leader with exclusive access can see and share all View Sets.

The best practice is to be sure to share the View Set as soon as it is created.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid I don't understand. Sharing a PLN creates a PLP (the teamwork file) the PLC is just a temporary local draft. What exactly is the problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I meant PLP
By sharinf a PLN you loose all view sets.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I hadn't remembered experiencing what you describe so I just tested it and still had no problems. I created and shared a new PLN, and I opened and shared an existing project, both without problems; all view sets were retained.

I am at a loss to understand what is going wrong for you. Perhaps you should come to ArchiCAD University West next month, It might do you a world of good. Flights from JFK are still under $300. Newark seems to be a bit more.
Djordje
Ace
Adalbert wrote:
ok I meant PLP
By sharinf a PLN you loose all view sets.
Driving a car along the highway is much easier than pushing it. Especially when you paid for the car and the gas. You should have also passed the driving test.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a bug GSBT#565