Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Construction Fill Line Weights

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using composite walls, which I really like, but I can't figure out how to set the line weight (pen color) on the exterior elevations. For instance, I'm using the "Wall Wood Siding 2x6 Wd Fr." and the siding lines are much too dark in the exterior elevation. I'm probably just missing it, but I've tried the Composite Structures dialogue box, the Display Settings, Wall Selection Settings box, etc., but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions out there?
Lee
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Lee wrote:
I am using composite walls, which I really like, but I can't figure out how to set the line weight (pen color) on the exterior elevations.
Go to the Material settings. There is a box for setting the 3D fill pattern pen.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Uh, OK. I don't see any place to select the material or alter the material settings for a wall. I can go to "Model" and select the 3D settings for the wall, but I don't know where to change the 2D settings for the exterior elevations. I'm sorry to be so ignorant, but could you please tell me how to get to the settings you referred to? I would greatly appreceiate it.
Lee
__archiben
Booster
lee

1. select the wall(s) in question and open up the wall settings . . . (double click the wall tool in the toolbox). you are able to change the material definition for the wall under the 'model' section of the dialogue. you can also set the 'elevation pen' that the wall will use here, (is this what you were originally after?)

2. under Options>Materials you can change the attributes of the material itself. there is a section in this dialogue called '3D hatching'. here you can change the fill/hatch used by the material for elevational treatment (empty fill = none) and also choose to override the wall settings 'elevation pen' described above with one of your choice which will then be material dependent rather than by individual building element.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Ben. I guess I just assumed that the model settings and the 3D pen would only change the look on the 3D view, but it looks like it has done what I wanted to do. Sorry it wasn't more obvious to me, but I think I have it now.
Thanks Ben and Djordje.
Lee