Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Shortcut Keys stop working

Robert Fuchs
Booster
I have three users here at the office that are having problems with
their shortcut keys not working all the time. they are using AC 9.0 with
the update on G5 mac's osx 10.3.8. I personally do not use the same
shortcut key system they are. i have most of mine set up with a single
key. they have theirs set up in AC 8.0 style. I had them make a Profile
with their custom keys. All of a sudden after working for serveral hours
the shortcuts like, apple+option+d (for drag a copy), apple+= (for adjust) and all others will just stop working. they still work from the pulldown menu but not from the keyboard. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not on Mac, but I remember something like there are some system shortcuts. Apple+OPT+D is probably on of them (maybe has to do with the dock or something).
They should check these and make sure they do not assign keys occupied by the system, as the system will be the stronger.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
you can disable the mac key shortcuts that interfere with archicad by going to your system preferences under Keyboard and mouse settings.
Robert Fuchs
Booster
i had turned off the system keyboard shortcuts so they wouldn't cause
problems. somtimes they come back on after a system update but that
isn't the case here. i have figured out if i go back to the work enviornment and choose their profile and apply it, then all the keys work.
all i can figure out is that it may be a certain key command that switches the profile to another one. i have their profile as default. is their anyway
i can delete the other profiles listed? They are all locked and i can't seem
to find out how to unlock them. Thanks....
Robert Fuchs
Eduardo Rolon
I have the same problem and it looks as it lies with the profile settings. Though I have not been able to duplicate it on purpose sometimes the default profile is not the one I have specified and at other times the shortcuts do not work until I reload the profile. The only thing I think might be the culprit is that I have two different custom profiles that share the shortcuts subprofile between them. I will try this change and see how it goes.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Robert Fuchs
Booster
good idea, i will take a look and see if this is shared also.
Robert Fuchs
__archiben
Booster
there was an issue back with 10.3.4 (or maybe 5) where there was a bug in the system causing this to happen to archiCAD. are you on the latest OS update?

also, check out this thread to see if it helps?

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Robert Fuchs
Booster
i checked the computers that were having the shortcut issue and found
that they had not updated their OS. they were using 10.3.3. I have been
using 10.3.8 and have had no problems. Thanks for the information. i bet the OS was the problem.
Robert Fuchs
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have had problems with shortcut keys. Particularly ctrl-1 which I use for the 'Mirror' command. It comes and goes - every time I think about assigning a different shortcut, I discover it's come back, so I don't bother. Then it disappears again. I hate having to resort to Apple-M because it's then really awkward to use the Alt key to get 'Mirror a copy'.

I'm on OSX 10.3.8 - so that's not the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am facing the same problem with aRCH18 and think -if remember correctly-i had it with earlier versions of archicad also.
While all shorcuts work ok for a while (Ctrl+T, Ctrl+l, Ctrl+D etc) after some time of working on a project - i still havent determine when exactly- they dont work anymore.
also in fly mode (F3 mode) the keys " w,a,s,d" you use to explore they also stop working, so i have to use the arrow keys to navigate - those still work.
I have the program running in two different pcs with different keyboards etc and recently updated to version 7007 - in order to determine if it was a harware related issue but i am facing the same problem in both pcs.
if anyone can help ?