Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab cover fill with renovation tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello dearest AC masters,

I've been using the renovation tool and I have a question.
I'll be uploading a couple of screenshots to help me explain this even if it's a quite simple situation.

I have a renovation filter that shows me demolished and new parts of the building as well as the existing. To avoid confusion in floor plan with overlapped walls, the demolished are overridden and shown in yellow, the new in red and the existing in black.

I have a slab on storey 3 which has a cover fill applied to it because I need the slab to cover certain parts of the building below. When I use the renovation tool, the cover fill and the renovation filter together, make the slab fully red. Even if it's technically correct, it doesn't look so, covers all the walls and it's quite an heavy presence on the drawings. What could I do to minimize this?

I attach the floor plan as planned and overlapped plus the renovation filter settings.

Would be good if it could be shown with the selected override fill (face brick) and that would be still correct too.

Thank you

Image.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Claudio:

This may be a Model View Option issue. Check MVO > Override Fill Display > Override Cover Fills.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,

that's a good tip to keep in mind. I find that view display options in AC are spread out in different menus and I keep loosing track of them.

However, that removes visually the fill (which is a good option to have) but consequentially it shows the lines of slabs below intruding in the slab above. I'd be happy not to show the slab below in that particular drawing, but I'd need to have it shown on the planned status.

Ideally and simply, I think the renovation tool should override the wall fill the same as the slab or, even better, have a separate option to override slabs' cover fills and walls.

Maybe a workaround which doesn't involve 2D drafting and covering fills could be having a slab (as floor finishes) over the slab (as structural). Nope, that wouldn't help either, just tried! >.< Forget it
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz wrote:
However, that removes visually the fill (which is a good option to have) but consequentially it shows the lines of slabs below intruding in the slab above. I'd be happy not to show the slab below in that particular drawing, but I'd need to have it shown on the planned status.
Under Renovation Filter Options > Renovation Override Styles > New Elements > Fill Background Color change the pen from 0 (Transparent) to -1 (Window Background) or a white pen.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David.
I tried and there is only a minor improvement as you can see from the attached image.
FYI, the cover fill currently applied to the slab is a 100% solid with 91 pen on background and foreground. However I tried to change the background to 0 or to -1 as well as changing type of fill, but it made no difference.
Floor Plan Overlapped.jpg
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Claudio:

Have you tried moving the slab Forward in the Display Order?

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
Deviz wrote:
Thanks David.
...the cover fill currently applied to the slab is a 100% solid with 91 pen on background and foreground. However I tried to change the background to 0 or to -1 as well as changing type of fill, but it made no difference.
The background fill colour will only make a difference if you can see the background, so you need to use an empty fill rather than 100% solid.
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, yes, I tried but didn't make any difference!

S2uart, you are the man for this one! It works!! Hurrah!! Finally I understand what the empty fill is usefull for!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Thank you to both of you!!
Hope I can help you solve some of your issues in the future (however I wish you not to have any) 😉
Floor Plan Overlapped SOLVED.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable