Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab vs Footing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to avoid having a line between the slab and the footing done with a profile? I have them both with the same materials already but I always end up having to stick a hatch on top in order to have a continuous object (not productive, specially when you have changes and need to remember to go back to sections and fix the hatches)
4 REPLIES 4
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Fransole

This probably won't help with your current project however attached is
a unified slab, a footing and a turn down. The turn down is a profile
placed with the beam tool and the floor slab and footing are placed
with the slab tool...............all unify in a section cut.
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
Erich
Contributor
They should clean up just fine. I would go back and double check that the cut fills are indeed the same. If they are, then make sure that the location of the joint between slab and profile is actually meeting and not just close. You don't provide an image for us to see, but if you are correct about the materials then this is the next most likely source of error.

edit: materials --> cutfills which is correct and what I was thinking just not saying.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it's the cut fills that must match for the elements to combine in section. Also check that the cut fill pens match.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it, I had the (-1 WHITE) in the slab's background and (0 TRANSPARENT) in the footing's background.

Thank you so much folks... 😉