Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sloped Pipe

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK.... so where in the library is there a sloped pipe (or even a cylinder) and for that matter how do we turn over or slope any library part.
Thanks, Paul
5 REPLIES 5
It depends on many things and what it is that you want to be sloped.

One way is to view the object a the angle you want in 3D and save it as a new .gsm part.
Another way is to tweak the gdl script.
Some parts like rafters can be created at any angle you want.

Give us an example of what you want to slope and you will find out several ways to do it i am sure.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

__archiben
Booster
archiCAD 9 library > basic library > special constructions > accessory elements > downspout (turn the hangers off)

of course, depending on your library version it may well be located in a different place than me. use the search function in the library object settings?

you could also try the CHS object in the 'steel structures' folder . . . very similar and gives you cutting planes at each end as well . . .

~/archiben
slopedPipe.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Barry Kelly
Or do you have Primitive Shapes or Basic Shapes in your default Archicad library.
Plenty of shapes in there and most can be rotated I believe?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Haneef Tayob
Booster
Hello

Look up the rotx roty and rotz commands in the GDL reference manual for rotating objects to see if you can find a solution.

There are a whole lot of library parts to which I've added these parameters.

eg. add the following at the gdl's 3d script: rotz tilt, where 'tilt' is the variable.
You also have to add this to the 2d script: project2 3,270,2
which allows an accurate view of the object to be plotted in plan.

Like you, I was surprised to see that many of the primitives don't have the option to allow you to easily rotate in any direction without having to personally add the extra commands. I've modified the polygon prism, t-beam, u-beam, conoid, etc. The cylinder shell was also an essential part for me to convert.

One of my wishlists was to have these added automatically to all library parts. Other people have even suggested that this be applied to any item, whether it's a wall, column, etc.

regards
Haneef
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Thanks for the tip Haneef,
I tried it on a post and it works great!

thank you.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25