cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Story display in section

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Nice new feature; display story levels in section (story levels in section). Is there any way to show some levels and turn others off?

also, what is Story handle marker custom settings, and how do I activate it. It's stays greyed out no matter what I do.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
AFAIK there is no way to automatically reference the story level lines to the reference levels.

There is a Custom Text setting available but it affects all story level lines so is basically, useless unless you just have one story level line showing.

Keep dreaming I guess.......

Cheers,
Link.
TomWaltz
Participant
xristina wrote:
So just to clarify: the marker is otherwise uneditable? ie the greyed out settings cannot be activated unless there is another marker available other than the basic one?

My problem is I want the story marker to display a different reference level, NOT to project 0 but to one of the other reference levels. Is that possible, or am I just dreaming of an easier life?
It is if you're willing to learn some GDL.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the dimension tool and chose the "elevation" geometry method. After the dimension is placed, the dimension text can be selected and you are able to choose to reference this to one of your reference levels. Its the old way, but in my opinion still the best since it is linked to your model and will auto adjust if changes are made.
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
xristina wrote:
So just to clarify: the marker is otherwise uneditable? ie the greyed out settings cannot be activated unless there is another marker available other than the basic one?

My problem is I want the story marker to display a different reference level, NOT to project 0 but to one of the other reference levels. Is that possible, or am I just dreaming of an easier life?
It is if you're willing to learn some GDL.
LOL! That's what my dear collegue here suggested!

:sigh:
Ok, say i want to play with the basic marker via GDL and save it as a custom one... where does it live so I can open it and edit it (that would give me a head start in understanding its GDL stucture bearing in mind I don't know much about GDL scripting)?