Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surface Material on Column/Morph Cylinder ***HELP***

Anonymous
Not applicable
I m having issues with surface where it would not meet up at end of each other aligned up perfectly. I am somewhat annoyed with surface options where it would not let me line it up perfect. Please look at the picture and tell me how can I correct this?

I am trying to create a cake form for my friend so she can see 3D design.

Any tips that I can learn and correct this. It would be great tool to learn from you guys.

I have attached and other link what I made the texture. imgur.com/0vDGaFN

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 12.55.39 PM.png
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to set the texture size to be a whole multiple of the circumference of the cake.

Size = 2 x Pi x radius / number of repetitions
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner,

It does not make any sense to repeat the texture. It is one piece of texture. check my imgur.com/0vDGaFN and it should be able to fit one piece circumference edge. Why can't the end of the both side meet up to each other accurate since I had measurement at 12.25" and it should match the radius to meet up the end.

I guess I would have to convert this modeling to Sketchup where it would allows me to set that up because this random texture is very limit. It should be able to provide one custom texture unlimited or be more accurate like what I did. The reason I like Archicad because of the colors and texture with new features. I like morph tool which it was easier to use than Sketchup. I am kind of frustrated when things are limited where I wanted it to be.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If the circumference of the cake is 12.25" (2.95" radius) and the texture size is 12.25" it should tile evenly and join, you can set a texture origin look up http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/videos/archicad/3d-modeling/morph/morph-editing-essentials/archicad...

Regards,
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott,

Thank you. I attempted what you provided. It seems that it has four texture segments on column before I use morph. It is pretty close what I m getting but still not accurate for whatever reason. So I tried morph and it was slight close enough. I think I need to redo with texture since it seems that texture has to be done in square size, not rectangle size. That is what I am thinking. Thank you for the video link that is where I attempted it before but getting better to get the point where I needed to be at-but not enough. I checked my texture measurement so I had to change it again.

My next step is change the texture size and see if I can make it work. I would like to learn how to make 3D diamond and Ribbon on the edge that stay on curves. Is there a tutorial that show how to do it on cylinder? I really like this software as along as I m learning this process. I want to gain more skills on this for the cake business. It is easier to use modeling than sketching paper. It is a lot quicker to use.