cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

The wall, which is a multi-layer structure, disappears on the plan and is not displayed in 3D

SashaArtiushova
Participant

I will be grateful if you help to solve the problem. The wall, which is a multi-layer structure, disappears on the plan and is not displayed in 3D

12 REPLIES 12
owais
Contributor

Could you please provide more information or screenshots? Is the layer turned on in both the plans and 3D view? Is the wall drawn on the correct level?

SashaArtiushova
Participant

The layers is turned on in both viewsScreenshot 2024-07-22 125143.pngScreenshot 2024-07-22 125158.png

Has the wall been placed on a different storey?

If you copy the settings (pipette) of one of the existing walls and place a new wall somewhere, can you see that?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
SashaArtiushova
Participant

I had 2 floors, I removed the first one and after that the outer walls disappeared. More precisely, the walls are disappearing, just like this multi-layered structure

Any other multi-layer construction is displayed on the plan and in 3D

Patrick M
Advisor

reasons this happens:
if it is in all views except plan, the element is duplicated and the redundant elements "cancel" each other out by building material priority
if it happens even in plan view, it is:
-hidden by layer

-it is wireframe in 3d (by layer)
-overridden by graphic override or renovation
-hidden by design options

try deleting the wall in 3d with all layers/renovation status showing. If deleting the wall makes a wall appear, you had redundant walls.

there is a 'check for duplicates' feature, but I've never put it to much use.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

@SashaArtiushova wrote:

I had 2 floors, I removed the first one and after that the outer walls disappeared. More precisely, the walls are disappearing, just like this multi-layered structure

If you have deleted a storey, then all elements on that storey will have been deleted as well.

If you place a new wall in that floor plan, does it show?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
SashaArtiushova
Participant

If it's the same multi-layered structure as the walls that disappear, it doesn't show. If another one then I can see it on plan and 3d

I checked it, everything is all right