cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Toolbox problem

TomWaltz
Participant
I've seen this a few times in AC9 and it continues in 10. I'm hoping some who's better with the Work Environment might have an answer.

When using a custom Toolbox in Archicad, sometimes the Toolbox goes off the bottom of the monitor, making it impossible to grab the lower-right resize corner. (Apple, obviously).

Is there some other way to grab the corner to make the box shorter? I really don't want a full-height toolbar!
Tom Waltz
16 REPLIES 16
Dwight
Newcomer
OR Post-modern and just use shortcuts.
Wait! That would be reversionist.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
OR Post-modern and just use shortcuts.
Wait! That would be reversionist.
Or minimalist. No palettes at all.
Dwight
Newcomer
Yeah. Cool.
Option-Click on stuff to switch tools and transfer parameters.
Hard to believe it can work, but once you have a few walls and othe bits in the scheme, everything builds from there.
Dwight Atkinson
I'm with Dwight, I think. Unless you make use of the divisions (not me), move aside, Toolbox, make way for the Toolbox Tools Toolbar.

You can plant a tree in the reclaimed screen space.

PS, You're both winners. The important thing is to do your best!
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
__archiben
Booster
TomWaltz wrote:
Is there some other way to grab the corner to make the box shorter? I really don't want a full-height toolbar!
tom, i've not tried this but what happens if you turn off the static state of the toolbox sections and make them collapsable? does the toolbox size itself collapse with them?

regarding toolbox vs toolbar . . . i'm with matthew: the toolbar ones are a little . . . strange, donchathink? besides, my anally retentive mind can't deal with any 'holes' in an application interface - the toolbox and the info box can be docked at the same width from the top to the bottom of the screen. (yes mr murray, i lose 5 tiles. but the gain to my sanity is worth much much more . . . )

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Potato Farmer
Mentor
I was resistant but now I'm diggin' the toolbar. Not only is it smaller, you can reorder the tools and add other things. I added the Measure Tool and Create Independent Detail (mainly because, like Ben, I can't stand holes the perfect tapestry of my work environment).
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Dwight
Newcomer
Nice layout, sailor.

Tell us about your menu customs.....
Dwight Atkinson