BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transform morph shapes in different steps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!

I was wondering whether it is possible to transform a certain shape to another shape in different steps. If I would for instance have a rectangular morph and a circular morph shape and I would like to transform the rectangular one into a circle in different steps and in so doing creating a hexagon, octagon, decagon, etc., is this possible without having to draw these steps individually, instead generating them using a begin point (the rectangle) and an endpoint (the circle)?

In my current model I have framework of columns and beams. At the beginning of the building these columns and beams are straight but after 12 of these portal frame structures they have become almost an arch structure. I was wondering if it was possible to generate the 11 different steps in between in order to slowly transform the portal frame structure into an arch structure?

Drawing everything individually would really take a lot of time...

Hopefully someone can help me and if something is unclear just let me know!

Kind Regards,
Milan
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
If it was just a beam or a column, you could use the Segment Surface by Rotation option on a circular Shell, but what you are asking for also requires the beams to curve vertically which you would manually need to draw. If you are using AC23, you could do the arch using a Curved Beam in conjunction with a couple of Complex Profiles for each level of segmentation, unless the arch itself is also segmented...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
The RULED shell is the only tool that can transform from a starting profile to a different ending profile.
It will create a surface from the start shape to the end shape if that is what you want.

You have no control of the transformation in between so if you want to go from rectangle to hexagon to octagon to decagon to circle, you will need a shell at each change.

But it sounds to me like you will have to manually create the beams and columns at each step to get the shape you want, and then skin them with morph surfaces (or maybe even roofs) if you need to connect them.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!