Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transparency on windows

Tom Krowka
Booster
Right now on my elevations, I can see through the windows. I am using the Open Gl engine. How do I turn off the transparency.

Thanks
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
How do I turn off the transparency.
This setting is here :
Image -> 3D Window Setting
Options button
Then you can adjust the trigger level for element transparency based on the transmittance of the material
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Right now on my elevations, I can see through the windows. I am using the Open Gl engine. How do I turn off the transparency.
This has always been a bit quirky. In the past this was a global setting controlled by Image > 3D Window Setting: Transparency in Shading. I have just done some quick testing and it seems that it now depends on the state of this setting at the time the section is first generated (for model views anyway).

I have just tested this with drawing views and they retain the transparency status of the original model view and continue to retain it when regenerated.

Note that this testing has all been done in the same session of ArchiCAD. I am assuming (hoping?) that the results will be no different after closing & reopening the file (or quitting and restarting AC).

BTW: OpenGL has nothing to do with transparency in section.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
BTW: OpenGL has nothing to do with transparency in section.
Oops, I hadn't read correctly the question !
Matthew wrote:
I have just tested this with drawing views and they retain the transparency status of the original model view and continue to retain it when regenerated.

Note that this testing has all been done in the same session of ArchiCAD. I am assuming (hoping?) that the results will be no different after closing & reopening the file (or quitting and restarting AC).
As Matthew said, the transparency in section / elevation is controlled by the 3D window setting... and it will be save when defining a view in a view set.

The main problem here is that if you have already defined all your quickviews to section with 3D transparency on, you'll have to redefine them all with the setting off as it can't be changed globally !

This is why we should have a "3D Display Option combination" as we currently have the 2D "Display option" settings that would be saved in the quickview.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have fond, that it is possible to create a new elevation with the transparency set to "off" and then use the "match properties" tool on older sections/elevations that have transparency "on", thus changing them to "off"
Remember to change the name of the modified elevation back at the end!
Anonymous
Not applicable
ittai wrote:
I have fond, that it is possible to create a new elevation with the transparency set to "off" and then use the "match properties" tool on older sections/elevations that have transparency "on", thus changing them to "off"
Can you explain how to do this ? What is the "match properties" tools ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It seams that modifying one elevation in the manner described in my previous e mail will change the setting of all elevations in drawing at once!
By "match properties" I meant the "alt" and "ctrl+alt" combo – the "syringe and pipette" tool in the cursor.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ittai wrote:
It seams that modifying one elevation in the manner described in my previous e mail will change the setting of all elevations in drawing at once !
It probably depends on the way you create your elevations : save as PMK directly, publish as PMK from a quickview or link them in Plotmaker.

I understand that you were transfering properties within Plotmaker... but AFAIK, you don't have this kind of control over the placed drawing in PM : you can transfer pens, layer combination etc... but not the way the elevation was created. This has to be set in AC.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am actually modifying the elevations in the drawing itself, and not in PM at all.